Narrow Default Wide

eu flag erasmusmuThis project has been funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 Programme. This website reflects the views only of the authors, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.



Università degli Studi di Padova

Via VIII Febbraio 2
35122 Padova – Italy
Phone: +39 049 827 5111
Call centre: +39 049 827 3131

International Relations Office

Via Roma 38
35122 Padova – Italy
Tel. +39 049 827 3067
Fax. +39 049 827 3917
find us on facebook
follow us on twitter


I have double nationality, one of them is a European nationality. How should I apply?

In order to be eligible you have to apply as a citizen of the Central Asian targeted countries, so please attach your Central Asian ID/passport. Nonetheless, you should clearly mention your second nationality (in your CV for instance). If you are awarded a scholarship, you should recall your double nationality to your Host University, thus they will be able to suggest you how you should proceed for visa and enrollment procedures (there might be some constraints for enrolment).

Is it mandatory to be fluent in the courses' language?

YES. If a language certificate is not requiered, the Selection Working Group will consider the language competences declared by the candidate in the application form. If you want, you can include more information on your language competences (for example if you have lived in a foreign speaking country) in the Personal Statement Section.

To whom should I address my letters of support?

See "Letter of Support" here. (on the bottom of the page, a special note is indicated on letters of support).

I finished my studies but I don't have my Bachelor/Master/Doctorate diploma yet.I will receive it the next weeks, but I want to apply now. Is that possible? What other documents should I attach instead of my diploma?

YES. You can apply for a scholarship if you finished your studies, even if you do not have a certificate yet. You only have to indicate when you send it but keep in mind that the deadline for receiving documents is 1st April 2015.

What documents should be translated?

Check that information on the host university profile here (European universities and Central Asian universities), or contact the person in charge of the SILKROUTE project at the Host university under Contact.

Is it mandatory to choose 2 different universities? Or is it possible to choose 2 different programmes at the same university?

YOU CAN choose 2 different programs at the same university if you decide so.

I graduated from a partner university. What TARGET GROUP do I belong to?

If you graduated and you don't study/teach/work at the partner university, then you belong to TARGET GROUP 2. For more information on target groups please review the BENEFICIARIES section.

Do I have to post my application by regular mail?

NO. You must apply through the SILKROUTE website by registering here and filling in the online APPLICATION FORM.

***Applications sent by email will not be considered***